I would like to invite you to the Toastmasters event of the season!
District 42 Speech Champion, Russ Dantu is off to compete in the World Speaking Finals. On July 25, we are Launching Russ to Chicago with an evening of education and entertainment.
We begin by giving you a free autographed copy of Russ’s new book, At Your Service. If you’ve already supported Russ by buying his book, no problem. Russ is offering a “Trade-In Table” where you can trade in your book for one of Russ’s other wonderful products.
We’ll have a wine and cheese networking event. Your first glass of wine is free. More may be purchased with proceeds going to the fundraiser. Meet new people and old friends as we mingle before the show.
Then we gather in the historic and beautiful Hillhurst United Church (Kensington) sanctuary for entertainment by some of your favourite Toastmasters and friends.
- Emcees, Palmo Carpino and Former International Speech Champion, Rowena Carlson, promise an evening of hilarity
- Former District 42 International Speech competitor, Chuck Rose will entertain us with his gift of song.
- Former District 42 International Speech Champion, Darlene Davies will show us (and Russ) how it’s done!
- For all those who’ve wondered “what the heck is Cowboy Poetry anyway?” Shelley Goldbeck will be sharing from her repertoire of original poetry and music.
- And of course, you’ll get to hear Russ Dantu, himself, as he delivers his two competition speeches.
If that’s not enough, we get to be amazed at the talents of mentalist, Greg T, our headliner, who uses, human psychology, illusion and intuition to dazzle his audiences.
Proceeds from the fundraiser will go towards assisting Russ with his expenses. If we reach our goal, in the spirit of Toastmasters uplifting each other, we plan to donate to the District 99 candidate’s fund. We also hope to leave a legacy account for future District Speech Contest winners.
It seems ambitious, I know, but if you’re willing to take your favourite person out for a summer evening of entertainment, education and enchantment, we’ll meet our goals.
Summer is short and we realize folks are vacationing and busy with family. If you can’t make it, please extend this invitation to someone who might enjoy a night on the town.
For your convenience, here is our e-Poster. We appreciate your sharing with your network. Here’s how others can help:
1. Share our poster.
2. Buy tickets: https://bit.ly/2L3tJof
3. Become an event sponsor. Call Shelley Goldbeck @ 403.606.1379 for details.
I hope to see you there.
Shelley Goldbeck, DTM
Chair, Russ Dantu Launch to Chicago